Are you one of those millions of people who does not hear as well as they once did? If so, you are certainly not alone. Consider these statistics reported by Sergei Kochkin, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Better Hearing Institute:
- 3 in 10 people over age 60 have hearing loss;
- 1 in 6 baby boomers (ages 41-59), or 14.6%, have a hearing problem;
- 1 in 14 Generation Xers (ages 29-40), or 7.4%, already have hearing loss;
- At least 1.4 million children (18 or younger) have hearing problems;
- It is estimated that 3 in 1,000 infants are born with severe to profound hearing loss.
In addition, studies have linked untreated hearing loss to emotional, physical, mental, psychological and even economic disadvantages. Amplify YOUR hearing, experience YOUR life!
Better hearing always begins with a hearing evaluation. This is a personalized diagnostic exam designed to identify each patient’s unique needs. This enables Chicago Hearing Services to design a customized hearing wellness plan for each individual.
In addition to hearing evaluations, Chicago Hearing Services also provides:
- Hearing Devices
- Hearing Aid Repairs
- Hearing Aid Adjustments
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Custom earplugs (including sleep plugs)
- Full range of diagnostic testing
Chicago Hearing Services is proud to serve our veterans by doing independent nexus reports and reviews. Dr. Vetter-Toalson also does independent medical evaluations as they pertain to legal cases.